Thursday, January 31, 2008

#21 Podcasts, Nocasts

Podcasts are not for me. I assumed that you could play them immediately, like YouTube videos, but no, you have to download them. Some were blocked by Web Marshal and others were well over 1 mb and would take far too long to download. Some required the downloading of other (unknown) software to play them.

After a great deal of time, I found and managed to play a short podcast, "Patrick White archives bought by National library," from the ABC's AM radio program. It was slow to load, but the sound quality was good, unlike another unintelligible podcast that I tried.

I added the feed to my Bloglines account, but was not able to replay the podcast, even after downloading extra software, because streaming protocols(!) hadn't been selected. This has been an exercise in frustration.

No comments: